Wednesday, June 3, 2009

In Memory and Special Memories that I need to catch you up on...

This is my Aunt Weasy and I miss her already. She was diagnosed with cancer on March 13th and she died April 23rd. She was so sweet and is a perfect example as to the fact that if you love someone, you should tell them every day. I never thought we'd lose her so quickly and I'm glad I was able to go and see her in the hospital a couple of times and hug her and tell her I love her. I miss you Aunt Weasy.

I don't even know where to begin to explain why I've been so out of touch. If you look at my previous entry you'll see just a hint as to what all has been happening in my life. Since March 13th, you know that was a Friday right??, I've lost one of my favorite aunts, had a man at work have a massive stroke while he was talking to me about a video, I was involved in 2 accidents where my car was messed up and winded up at the body shop twice, we had a family member who was found dead in his home after a month, one of my best friends' brother died in his sleep at 47 years of age...I'm telling you, I REALLY need a vacation from it all.

Along the way though, I did go treasure hunting a few times, if nothing but for sanity's sake, and we had our garden club flower show, my dear friend's son graduated from high school (so proud of you S.R.), I bought a new piece of Heywood Wakefield furniture, have still been working on putting the kitchen back together, etc...

So, instead of trying to make a bunch of different entries about all these events, I'm going to just post lots of pictures and hope that you all enjoy them! So, here goes....First, meet sweet little Emma Rose, this is my 2nd cousin's little girl and she's just precious. This was the day of my aunt's funeral and my aunt loved little babies...

And this little man, is Grayson, he's my cousin's youngest son and looks just like his older brother.

These are just some of the fellas in my life, L to R, my hubby, my 2 nephews, my brother and my cousin by marriage. The boys were talking sports (I think...) after we all ate dinner at my aunt's house on the day of my Aunt Weasy's funeral.This is my arrangement I made for our annual Garden Circle Flower Show. I think it turned out pretty darn cute considering I had to borrow flowers from my neighbor (who is really a gardener) and some I bought at Sam's. The judges liked it and only had one negative comment about the "prominent" placement of the flower in front, and I agreed. The above arrangement was made by my talented MIL for the flower show, isn't it gorgeous. The picture below is more of our members' arrangments. Enjoy! This gorgous plant was given to me by my neighbors for my birthday, isn't it pretty, and so far, so good, I've kept it alive, that's a miracle for me. Keep your fingers crossed. This is what I love about summer coming, the fresh vegetables! My sweet SIL gave me these when we went over and ate lunch with her for Mother's Day. They were awesome and I'm telling you, I could eat fresh squash every day!
Oh, sorry these are a bit out of order but I'm just trying to remember everything that I haven't posted. Check out the Easter Eggs below, I saw Martha Stewart making these and thought they were a cool idea. You use men's silk ties, or any other silk material, and vinegar and the pattern from the silk transfers onto the egg. Isn't that awesome. Oh yeah, the cute little vintage cup I got at the Salvation Army in Panama City when I went to see my dad for $0.50! I got some plates and platters too! They match the new kitchen awesome.

A couple of yard sales that I made it to in the last few months. The one at that church is always awesome and they have great prices. I try not to miss theirs.


Well, I've got to post a piece of furniture on Craigslist tonight so I'll have to post more very, very soon...

1 comment:

Anatomy of A Dinner Party said...

Darling Miss Millie -so sorry for all the sad things that have happened recently, but I loved the photos of the babies! Please come up to Atlanta this summer so we can shop, eat and drink with Holly! Love you!