Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kitchen Renovation Project Continues - Part 6

This shot above shows the kitchen after we've taken all the old tile down from the backsplash, sanded the wall a number of times, and primed it to make sure we're ready when the counter tops show up on Thursday, March 12th. You'll see the current butcherblock ones that are coming out.
Check out our litttle green vintage Westinghouse fan on the island that we used to help dry the primer and the joint compound that the hubby used to repair the wall after we took down the old backsplash. My sweet hubby sent me out shopping while he worked on this. As you can imagine, it stirred up so much dust that it was in every (or I should say is still in) crevice of everything in this house....LOL).
This is a close up of the wall after the hubby had repaired it after I took down all the previous tile and banged the crap out of my nuckles using a hammer and chisel. Oh yeah, even some of our tools were vintage, the chisel I used belong to my father-in-law and had a beautiful red bakelite handle. (Of course, you knew that we'd have vintage tools...)
Drying and prepping the wall....I love this little fan! It's funny though, it's kind of loud and hums along and the only way to turn it off or on is to unplug or plug it in; no power switch needed I guess back in the day!

No comments: