Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Birthday Celebrations - Saturday Morning Treasure Hunting

Well, you know a perfect birthday HAS to fall on a Saturday and I HAVE to go treasure hunting! And, I was so lucky to come home from treasure hunting to the gorgeous roses above from the sweet hubby and a beautiful card that almost made me cry. It just goes to show you that even though we've about come to blows a few times through our kitchen demo/restoration project, we really do love each other and I truly know how blessed I am to have this wonderful man who works so hard, is so kind, and who loves me just the way I am; 46 & all!
Found this awesome old covered casserole dish (actually a few weeks ago but am just now posting) at a moving/estate sale for only $8.00. I also got the hubby a pair of sawhorses (which we've already used while cutting tile for the kitchen backsplash project) for $10.00. The summery fabric underneath; huge piece, just $4.00. Love them!

Okay, can I tell you how happy I was to find this awesome pair of chalkware parrots from 1967 at a sale for only $5.00; well, they were marked $7.00 but you know it's all about the bargaining!
Got this "Best of the Best" cookbook at this awesome estate/moving sale in the most gorgeous custom home, (which was actually designed by the husband of one of my garden club circle friends) and it was only $1.00! Can't wait to make something from it in my new kitchen...it won't be long now....
If you know me, and know how much I love vintage buttons, then you have no doubt as to how happy I was to find this button box on my birthday; you guessed it, cheap; only $2.00! I'm going to use it to store sewing items in I think, or I may put some of my vintage buttons in it. I use them to make jewelry with and button bracelets....
If you look to the right of the above picture, you'll also see the cool, heavy wall sconce that looks like a banana leaf and candle which also came from the same sale, it was $10.00. It was kind of "pricey" for me from a garage sale but it was so nice & heavy I didn't want to pass it up. Notice the DVD's in foreground, same sale, only $1.00 each and to the left of them; best treasure of the day and best bargain, garnet bakelite bangle that I got for a mere $0.50!
Steal, cha-ching!
Okay, so, it's hard to tell from this picture, as to the size & Scale of this picture but this gorgeous hand made bowl is stunning! Got it at the same moving/estate sale for, are you ready....only $5.00! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and it's going on the table as a spring centerpiece as soon as I get my dining room back together and that's just a matter of days now...
We have another friend, who has a beautiful beachhouse and has a piece very similar to this on her table that I coveted so you can IMAGINE how I did the Happy Day Birthday Dance when I found this! Isn't it nice to see how easy it is to make me happy?! And, I'm cheap too!
It has gorgeous purple dragonflies in the middle and these awesome black and white zebra stripes around the ruffled edges! Oooooohhhh, aaaaaahhhhhhh!

No comments: