Thursday, February 5, 2009

Go Lions & Go S.R. - We're so proud of him...

See this handsome young man; I have been a part of his life since the day he was born and I'm so very proud of him. He's T.'s son, S.R., and is an amazing soccer player for his high school team and even plays on a travel team.
Last week I woke up at 6:30 a.m. to hear them talking about him and showing several minutes of him on the field playing on the local news and today they did an article about him in our city's newspaper and here's a quote about him that I thought I'd share: "R.'s made Leon's junior-varsity squad as a 10th-grader and progressed even further when he joined a travel team. He was promoted to varsity as a junior and led the Lions with 12 goals. But no one could have predicted R's offensive explosion as a senior. "He's got blinding speed," said first-year Leon coach JM "He's very fast and he's got a great finish."
Way to go S. and way to go to his parents T. & D. who I love dearly. It's so awesome to be here to be a part of his life and I'm so proud of him! Go Lions!
You know I love to brag on all these kids that I get to share their lives and be a part of! We went and sat in 20 degree weather last Friday night to watch him play and it was worth every second of freezing! Congrats!

No comments: