Sunday, February 1, 2009

Kitchen Demo Project Continues - Part 3

See this masked bandit? Yep, you guessed it, that's me in "demo" mode today. You see, I bought this vintage metal pantry cabinet to put in the kitchen so that we can get rid of what I now lovingly refer to as our "divorce pantry cabinet" and it had to be sanded, primed and painted. Of course I didn't totally realize that when I bought it but.....I did want the cabinet so I'm not sure it would have stopped me. Oh yeah, my hair does look a little "reddish" as I got up and added a little Clairol to my life this morning first thing as the gray was starting to take over; do you wonder why? With all my kitchen woes? LOL!Here's the cabinet - we've already spent about 3 hours removing rust at the point you see here. And, my sweet hubby helped me with this on his day off and the day of the Superbowl. See, I told you he was nice!
See this cool vintage light globe? I got it for free at one of our local thrift stores, the Children's Lighthouse, and the nice lady there gave it to me for free as I bought a number of other things that I'll post pictures of later (hopefully). I got books for my niece (that is a teacher and always needs more for her class); a beautiful vintage purse, two pretty pins, some awesome chair cushions for my glider and this globe. It was filthy but I washed it up and love it; I think it will be used under our carport but I'm not sure.
Below is one of the tile choices that I was considering but I've already ruled it out as it's going to be too busy for the amount of space we're going to be tiling now that our backsplash will be custom and 10 inches tall. I like it but found one I like a little better...
This is the one we're going to use; the one in the upper left, the all white one but I really like this pattern and it will look good in a small area. Check out our new vintage 50's inspired faucet called a Dishmaster M76XL. It's going to look awesome on our new white cast iron sink. I found this on this really cool website, retrorenovation.com, that gave me tons of information when looking for resources to redo my kitchen. (Thanks Pam of retrorenovation for all your help and information!)
Stay tuned as you know there's more coming....
This is just another shot of the kitchen after we pulled up the hardwood floors and pulled out the "Divorce Pantry Cabinet" which used to be to the left of the stove...Getting the pantry cabinet sanded and ready to paint and prime. I had to wear the bandana because it was probably totally covered in lead paint.

No comments: