Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kitchen Progress Continues - Part 5 (I think...)

This is our old backsplash tile, it's not bad, but I didn't really like the country blue squares and the hubby "hates the rounded corners" which I was shocked to hear that he'd even paid that much attention to them, shows you what I know!
Here's a shot where I've started to take it down and am really trying hard not to rip the drywall off...it's a pain in the butt though...I wouldn't recommend it for something "fun" to do!
Well, we're still working on the kitchen. We've been doing the following:
  • Got the new laminated floors installed;
  • Been working lots of hours on our new vintage metal pantry cabinet;
  • Spent lots of time researching stainless steel vs polished aluminum trim for the countertops;
  • Went through 2 choices of paint colors and winded up picking Benjamin Moore's Stonington Gray (I think that's the name of it anyway - I'll confirm that in a later post for ya);
  • Spent time meeting with the countertop contractor to go over the samples we've gotten;
  • Ran around town picking these things up;
  • and have spent hours trying to take down the backsplash tile!

And, on top of all this, both the hubby & I have been working our full time jobs and my sweet hubby paints all day for others and then comes home to our current mess. It's 11:30 p.m. on Thursday night and he's out there right now washing up brushes. He's such a sweetheart; every day, not just on Valentine's and believe me, even though we've had some tense times through this (mostly on my behalf which I'm not proud to admit...), I know how lucky I am that he loves me.


No comments: