Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Dad...


Well, it's my dad's 72nd birthday and unfortunately I'm sick as a dog, but, that didn't stop me from staying up until 1:30 a.m. making him something that he needed. You see, he's in a nursing home and he told me he needed a new bag to hang on his wheelchair as he had worn the heck out of the one my sweet Aunt S. had made for him. So, I got lucky and found a pattern for one at a garage sale for $0.25 (I know you're not surprised by this...) and this was my first attempt. I think it turned out pretty good since I'm not really an expert seamstress. I had to alter the pattern a little so it wouldn't hang down and rub on his tire wheels, which is what happened to the last one, and he liked it a lot.

My sweet hubby drove us the 2 hours to go and see him and I slept in the car almost the whole way, never even got out of the car when we got there as I was on my deathbed. Still not doing so good but hope to make it back to work tomorrow. My hubby took it into him and visited with him and they ate pizza while I slept. I haven't been this sick in a long time but we didn't want to disappoint him so we went. I'm so sorry Dad, sorry that I couldn't really spend time with ya but I hope you like your bag and your new shoes we got ya!

No comments: