Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My "Baby" is having her baby and we had a baby shower - June 20, 2009

This is my sweet niece, "A."; you may remember her as she just got married last May, and now, yes, she's having us a baby! I'm so excited we can hardly stand it and yes, I'm thrilled it's a baby girl, and her name is Macy Kathryn (doesn't that sound like a great name for a good southern baby girl?!). It's just hard for me to believe that she's old enough to be having a baby, but she is and we're thrilled. Macy will be my third "great" niece/nephew as I already have precious Katie & Michael (Mikey). They live in Kentucky and I hardly get to see them and it just kills me! Little Macy will live a little closer and I can't wait to spoil her rotten! (Sorry 'bout that mama and daddy...it's my job; I have to be her "favorite" aunt too!)Little "Mama" holding some of her "treasures" from Ms. Major! Thanks Ms. Major for helping me get it all together for her and for helping me keep my cool just before the guests all arrived. Ms. Major went out of her way to spoil Macy and we all loved see all the cute things she had in that "major" bag!
I found these awesome little wood blocks at a garage sale for only $1.00 so that we could use some vintage flavor to my tablescape. Yep, that's a gorgeous 50s tablecloth that we used too and A. loves my old treasures too and I sure hope I can convince baby Macy to join in the fun! (sorry, the shadow you see in the bottom of the picture is the lens of my camera....I should know better...)
My dear sweet hubby, who has been WAY too generous with the roses lately (Have I mentioned that I truly love that man) was more than happy to go and pick up some gorgeous girl pick roses from Fresh Market for us to have and send a few home with the Mama for her to enjoy. They smell awesome and they last about a week.
This is my Aunt B. (my mom's sister - see how much she favors my Aunt Weasy who we lost...we miss you Aunt Weasy and she was so excited about this baby...). She came and brought tons of gifts from my cousins who couldn't make it as they were all sick (hope you guys feel better - we missed having you). She loves baby girls too and can't wait for baby Macy. I love her and really love the vintage 50s dishes that she gave me recently (- thanks Aunt B.)
My Aunt R. and my cousin G. and her daughter A. came by before the shower but they couldn't stay and I wanted to thank them and tell them how sorry I am that I was in total chaos when they came...especially the pan of dirty mop water still in the foyer....can any of you relate?!
This is my sweet niece and her sweet mama, the new Grandma and my SIL, who you all know by now that i love dearly, she's really a sister to me and I can't imagine my life without her. Without her, I wouldn't have this sweet niece or my nephews and my brother would have been lost. I love you both!

She got TONS of great things and so much oohing and aahhing went on....
This is my niece, my SIL and my mom...all enjoying the shower and a good time together at my home (or at least I hope they were having a good time...)
We did play a few of those "shower" games, even though I usually protest to those but thought it would be a little fun as long as we didn't go overboard and since it was such a small group we had a good time. This little pregnancy test was one of those "feel it" and guess what it is games and of course no one guessed it; especially our little Mama. But then again, this little precious arrival was a surprise so we should have known this would catch her off guard. Save it as I'm sure hoping that you have us another one down the road! I love you sweetie and hope you had a good time. I can't wait to be there when she decides to join us in August!
And, of course, this is Ms. Major; looking sassy in her favorite color and she was so good to help me out and spoil our baby girl!
This was a sweet little quilt that I found for Macy at a consignment shop that I thought was adorable as it has all of the good old nursery rhymes on there in cross stitch, yep, only $15.00 and well worth it!
Look close at this picture and you'll see my sweet neighbor, that we share homemade peach ice cream with, and you'll see my new rug that I got to go in the new kitchen (thanks to Christmas money that my MIL gave me). You can also probably see my new vintage kitchen light fixture that I got off ebay. I PROMISE, I'm about to post all the big kitchen reveal photos FINALLY..... CLICK ON THIS PICTURE TO ENLARGE IT AND SEE SOME OF THE NEW KITCHEN...


NICE HAUL MACY KATHRYN!


No comments: