Wednesday, July 15, 2009

No matter where I go, I can find something that makes me happy for less than $10.00...

This is a close up of the quilt that I found at a church yard sale a couple of weeks ago (I think it was June 27....)where they said "make us an offer"; so I did. This is an awesome quilt from the 50s (or I think it is based on the fabrics they used - almost entirely cotton with a solid red back and it pretty darn good shape). I said "How about $5.00 and the young girl says "That sounds more than fair to me"; so I said thank you and headed on my way. Look at all the awesome fabrics they used. I love it.
Cute retro cowboy fabric; this would have been cute when I had our bedroom in vintage western but we've moved on from that. No worry, I still love it and it will have a great home at my house.

Look closely at all the colors and patterns....
I got this awesome vintage ash tray/dish and vintage necklaces for $1.50 at another sale (no, not each, that's what I paid for all of it). Love the dish and I'm addicted to the necklaces and yes, I wear them as long as they fit around my plus sized neck...LOL! You know, I truly think the women of the 50s smoked more than they ate based on their clothing... poor things.
And this, oh my gosh, I stutter as I type, this wonderful wall shape made me so happy I almost cried. I had one in my living room before that the hubby redid for me in a turquoise pickling but the mirror was missing so it was open and it DID NOT have these totally cool George Jetson circles on the sides. This is so freakin' cool and I got it for, drumroll....(oh yeah, it's from a lady who used to have a storefront but closed it that I loved) for a whopping $10.00! I couldn't believe it was still there as I got to this sale at like 10:00 a.m. and that's late in my treasure hunting hours. I also got a cool wire shelf for $2.00 that holds albums but I'm going to use it on my carport by my glider to hold a cooler and some cups and a barkcloth panel drape for only $3.00. I'm tellin' ya, I love finding these things more than I think I would love winning a lottery..well, maybe not; depending on how big they payout was!
Oh yeah, it's cleaned up and on the wall along with two vintage prints that were framed in maple for $2.00 each, I'll post a picture of it on the wall soon.
I got a pair of these reverse painted on glass prints for $2.00 each and I love them and they are on the wall in our family room hanging by the windows with the bark cloth valances that I made from one single panel. I love to repurpose stuff and have always loved it way before it meant I was "going green". But, I'm good with the fact that I'm helping future generations by buying vintage stuff!

No comments: