Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vintage Tablecloths make my world a happier place...





Well, I will go ahead and confess, I'm addicted to vintage tablecloths and almost squeeled with delight in my local favorite consignment shop when I found this pair of "tablecloth" curtains that I had to rework a little for my window. Aren't they just too cute! They did have to be reworked just a bit to make them work for my window but that's okay, they were well worth it.
You can see where they didn't quite meet in the center and I didn't have any more pieces to work with, so I tried to figure out how to fill it and still not close off my window any more. So, look what I came up with (and sewed together by hand on Tuesday night at about 12:30 a.m....I'm bad about this...)! I used some of my cute crocheted potholders and I think they just make it!
Okay, go ahead ladies, copy my idea, I don't mind as I love it and hope you will too!

4 comments:

Anatomy of A Dinner Party said...

Oh my goodness! Insane for these curtains - they are the sweetest!
xo
Spin

Milster said...

Spin!
If you move back to ATL I'll make you some! Does that sound like a bribe or what?! I know our girl misses ya...
Milster

Anonymous said...

I'm a fanatic for Wilendur myself. Skip's Aunt Alice passed away & I acquired 3 with the gold tags still stuck on them, complete with 8 napkins each! I also love vintage aprons & Christmas ornaments. Why can't you live closer to me?? Sheri

Milster said...

Sheri Girl!
We truly must be long lost sisters as we love everything in common! We'd probably fight over goodies though if we actually did live closer and showed up at the same sale...LOL! I just wish that I would have know Aunt Alice as her stuff was the bomb! I'm sitting her now looking at my little gray box with the chartreuse green leaf on top and I love it!

I swear, when it gets cool again, I'm coming down for our long lost garage salin' weekend!