Monday, July 28, 2008

Want to see what I got for $1.00!









Wow, can't believe it but I got this awesome lamp for $1.00 a couple of Saturdays ago and it's too awesome for words! I (oh, that's really my hubby & I) just got it hung in the corner of my living room Saturday afternoon after I got back from treasure hunting and before we went to dinner with the hubby's family for his brother's birthday dinner.

The hook from Walmart cost more than the lamp! You may see from future postings that I have a slight addiction to cool lamps...well, you can never really have enough ambiance! Oh, this past Saturday's (7/26/08) awesome hauls were: an awesome armoire for my sister-in-laws' mom (she has a cool lake house that needed some storage) for $70.00; the awesome retro mayo, mustard, ketchup dispensers (repro but I still love 'em) for $0.50 (for all three); the awesome pitcher & cup set from the 60's for $15.00 (it's a little pricey from the estate sale but it's so me that I had to splurge...), and a few other things I needed (like a power cord for my 50's Mixmaster) and the awesome little suitcase for, yep, drumroll, $2.00! I plan on taking it on the World's Longest Yard Sale trip in a few weeks! Another successful day of great deals while drivin' around on my wheels...Have a great week everyone - oh yeah, only4 more work days until next Saturday when I can do it again!

2 comments:

Ant "B" said...

Shut up! You did not get that for a dollar. That is beautiful. I really need to start going to garage sales. I think it would be great fun. Maybe I can get Allie to go with me this Saturday.

Milster said...

Yep! Can you believe it? It's quickly become a favorite of all treasure finds! I didn't know who you were "ant b" until you added Allie's name to your comment; now I know who you are! Did you show Allie my goodies? You know, any Saturday when you guys can get up early enough....LOL, you are welcome to enjoy the "treasure tour"!