Saturday, July 19, 2008

Welcome to my Blog








Well, hello there to whoever may be reading my new blog! I've been reading alot of other blogs lately (which kind of surprises me since I'm not someone who just loves to be online all the time - well other than when I'm working...), mainly those who share my love of mid century modern decor and vintage treasures and thought what the heck; I may as well find myself a little blogspot in the world and share my love of vintage treasures and thoughts as well; so here goes!

I love, love, love to go to garage sales, estate liquidations and auctions and part of what brings me the most pleasure is to share those stories of things I find, people I meet and places I go with my friends and family and now you, too!
I will tell you though, that when I get home in the evenings from my day job, I'm not as committed to being online as a lot of people I know so my postings will not be near as frequent as I would like but I least I admit that up front.
I'll try and post pictures as often as I can of my weekly finds as I usually go to garage sales every Saturday unless I have a family emergency and my family and friends know me so well that no one usually tries to plan anything with me on Saturday mornings!
So, since this is my first post on my blog and since of course, I did go to garage sales today (even though it wasn't such a good "garage sale day" here (where it was 94 degrees in the shade...)I'll show you what I got and also, I went to an onsite family estate auction and found a few things I liked.
I'll try and remember to tell you what prices I pay for my finds as I think that's half of the fun about reading what "great deals" people find for such awesome stuff.

The pair of 1950's paint by number scenes (which are pretty big - I'd say about 20 x 24 inches were only $5.00 each, the art deco serving tray I got for $10.00, the adorable crocheted pot holders were $0.25 each (I collect these and will show you more later...), the adorable old children's book was free from out St. Vincent's thrift store so I made a small donation for it, and the two 50's dish towels were $2.00 each from the auction I went to today (Saturday).
I'll also be posting pictures from around my home where I love to decorate and constantly swap things around! I also love to sew, hang out with friends and family, take photos, and just generally have a great time as life is very short!


I'm married to my best friend, who is truly a gift from God in my life, and has the patience of a saint especially when it comes to my "addiction" of treasure hunting.
So enjoy my blog and if you email me and I don't answer right away, remember, I only "log on" when the mood strikes me or when I'm not out shopping for goodies and I'm also new to this and not quite sure how it all works but will figure it out as I go!
Enjoy my goodies and please feel free to share your thoughts!

5 comments:

Anatomy of A Dinner Party said...

Hi Miss Millie,

Can't wait to see all your treasures!!

Hugs,
Spin

Milster said...

Thanks Spin! I knew that you, of all my friends, would love my sharing of treasures the most! Stay tuned...Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Damn! No one understand my need for treasures except you girl! We have an "eye" for all things wonderful. Do you know what would happen if we teamed up? I don't even want to think about it.

I'd keep you spinning for hours with my finds if you ever visited & I know I'd be whirling with yours!

You're my kinder spirit Millie! We met only once & I know! :)

Anonymous said...

I meant to say kindred...

Milster said...

Hey Mrs Sheri!
So, so good to hear from you! You too are another "treasured" friend as I know our hearts are in the same place: at some location trying to find a new something special for really cheap! Stay tuned as I know you'll love the pictures and updates! Please give that man of yours a big hug and you're so right; we'd be so dangerous if we were closer! p.s. I knew what you meant as great minds always think alike! Enjoy and let me know if you start a blog as it's fun and I hope I can keep it up!