Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cheers to the "Has Beens" and Good Friends!

I know, I know, I've gotten soooooo far behind on my blog and don't worry, it's been bugging me too as I know the more I get behind, the less likely I'll be to catch up, but here goes!

When I went to FSU, (Go 'Noles!) back in the day, I was truly blessed to make some awesome lifelong friends. Part of that group, came to call ourselves the "has beens" since we've all gotten a little older and even maybe a little wiser (but that, too, can be questioned on occasions when we all get together...) but still think we can "hang with the big dogs"! On November 28th, one of our dear ring leaders, R., asked us all over to his house for chili and cocktails and we had a great time.
My dear, dear friend M., who now lives in Hotlanta with his awesome wife S., and 2 girls, came in town and was one of the main reason for this get together. He also, you should know, is the original owner of the Snorkel glass, and it was he, who bequethed it to me, based on the fact that I could drink enough to earn one, and we won't go into just how much that required, but I will tell you, it was a lot! I love him dearly and count him as one of my best friends; even though he has been the cause of many hangovers!
This is M. & M.J., two of the original members of the "Has Been" gang; they played high school football together and then went on to FSU together which is where I met the both of them. It was so good to see "J" as it's been about 20 years since I saw him.
You may not be able to read what I put on this picture but this is a still shot from a video were watching of us all on a trip to New Orleans about 20 years ago. I, after having a few snorkels too many, had gone to my room to take a nap, when my dear friend H. (from Atlanta now) decided to let the fellas in the room to give me a spankin'! Thanks for that H.!
So, do you think this is B.'s way of telling us all that it was time to go home; I think this is an Italian symbol for something not so nice...LOL! Thanks for having us in your beautiful home and for sharing the flood and fire stories with us, you really are a survivor!
This is most of us (in this shot), including S., the beautiful young lady on the left in white, who was home from Chicago and is R.'s daughter, who we've all watched grow up and become a successful and beautiful young lady in spite of her "has been" dad, who we affectionaly call "Dickhead"! Thanks for having us!

No comments: