Monday, December 29, 2008

My SIL Gets her Masters Degree and we celebrate - 12/12/08

This is my hubby's sister, my SIL, who just graduated with her Masters' Degree and you may not be able to tell it from this picture (sorry about that A.) but she was very excited. My MIL (her mom) hosted a lovely party for her at her home to celebrate on December 12, '08 and invited friends and family to help her celebrate this great achievement. Congrats A.!This is her brother, my hubby, eating candy at the party; you see, he can do that and still never show it, unlike me; I'm so jealous of that! But then again, he's a hard working painter who works off more calories by lunchtime than some people do in a week so he can eat candy, lucky devil!

This is their aunt and uncle on their dad's side, Aunt I. & Uncle G., and you'd never know it but he's 81 and she's 78 and both still doing amazing. Uncle G. plays golf still several times a week and I love them both to pieces as they're a lot of fun and I wish we saw them more...they live just minutes from us but we don't see them that often. I guess we need to work on that in 2009...

This is our nephew B.; I love him and can't believe that in a mere matter of days he's going to be legal to drive! We're so proud of him and he's very talented in school and in Tae Kwon Do where he's a triple black belt (I hope I got that right B.) and he has grown up before my eyes and he's another person that I don't spend near enough time with. He's become a very handsome young man and I'm very proud of him.
This is B.'s mom and dad, my SIL & BIL and they just opened their own Tae Kwon Do school and I think that they're very brave and smart to invest in something they love so much; good luck B & R!

This is my SIL's best friend from grade school, K., and she owns her own hair salon in our fair city and was very proud of her best friend for graduating and brought her cute little son with her to the party where he had fun crawling around on the floor being a typical little man!


This is our Aunt G. on my hubby's side, she is married to my MIL's brother and it was so nice of her to just fly in for this occasion. We don't get to see her or her hubby, Uncle P. near enough. Thank you for coming Aunt G.!
This is my MIL and my SIL's dear friend S. who worked at the hospital with her and we were glad that S. could come and be with us. She had more guests but unfortunately I didn't get pictures of them but we really enjoyed meeting her neighbors that we'd heard a lot about. Congrats again A. and good job on the chili party M..

No comments: