Monday, December 8, 2008

Thankful for friends & family - Nov. 2008

So, like a lot of my friends and the rest of our country, we spent Thanksgiving with family. We drove over to the small town where I used to live, and where a lot of my family still lives and had Thanksgiving lunch with my family, or the ones of us who could be there for lunch anyway. And oh, that cute face above, is my new second-cousin Grayson, who I was seeing for the first time that day. Isn't he cute? And, he gave me lots of sugar and let me take him outside and walk around my aunts yard and look at flowers as it was beautiful weather here that day. He has two older brothers and an adorable sister; their mom, is my first cousin and they live several hours from me so I don't get to see them very often and I'm glad I did on this day; another thing for which I am truly thankful.

This is my hubby, just before we were about to say the blessing, as we always do before we eat because we know that God provides for us and we feel blessed, can you see the glimmer in his eye of sheer anticipation for that table to the left of him that is loaded down with food...Yummmmmm! He is so happy on days like this and you can bet that he brougth his "to go" containers to make sure he could help the women out by taking some of it "off their hands"! Don't you think from the looks of these two pictures below that we had plenty of food?! Can you believe my aunt said "that she wasn't sure she'd have enough"; c'mon now...Needless to say, we all had more than plenty! I made the deviled eggs and a marinated overnight vegetable salad and it was all wolnderful.
Okay, look at this picture above here and you'll see my aunt's cream style corn; you see it? Doesn't it look golden yellow and nice and creamy? Well, it should as it's about the best cream style corn I've ever eaten and we always (especially my hubby) beg her to make it whenever we come to eat with her - and yes, she was sweet and caved and made the corn! Gosh it was good, I ate 2 helpings (needless to say, I've been off the diet again...gotta get back on track...)
This picture below is my cousin and her hubby and 3 of their kids at my aunt's house; it was so good to see them and I was shocked at how big the kids have gotten!
Here's the next to the youngest and the youngest posing for me; can you tell her sound B. is so camera shy....yeah right...
I stopped on our drive back to T. to eat with my MIL and the hubby's family for dinner, and took another shot of the town square which surrounds the county courthouse; I love this building and look how pretty the sky was that day.
This old Coca Cola mural on a downtown brick wall, which for years was a drugstore where you could go to the counter and get a soda at the soda fountain and I used to love to go here and get a vanilla diet coke with crushed ice and real vanilla syrup. My mom went to this same drugstore when she was in high school with her friends too after school for a milkshake.... I think the original one was done in the 1920's as we think that's when that bottle style came out. Doesn't it take you back though...I swear, I was born in the wrong time...
Well, we didn't get to see my brother and his family and my niece and NIL today, as they ate with my SIL family so we really missed them. I hope they, and all of you, had a blessed Thanksgiving and that your familes were all safe and full of Thanksgiving for what each of us has as we know, we're truly blessed and are praying for those whose lives are more difficult. Happy Thanksgiving and this year, as always, I am thankful for lots of things; some of those include the following: wonderful friends, a family that I love, a job that I truly appreciate and love; a roof over our heads, and a man who I love more than anything.

No comments: