Thursday, December 25, 2008

Tis' the Season to Help Others...

If you remember me telling you from an earlier blog, about some Christmas treasures that I found at an estate sale, I volunteered on behalf of my Garden Circle, yep that's right, my Garden Circle, to make a Christmas wreath or swag for our local Sr. Citizen Center for a fundraising Silent Auction that they were having and this is it. I thought it turned out pretty good and especially based on the fact that almost everything I used for it was found at one estate sale, including the nice faux pine swag, ornaments, premade, and even the pretty blue bow!
I made this on November 29 as it had to be done by December 1st for their event on the 4th (I think...). The nice woman who coordinated the event even came to my office and picked it up and sent me a lovely note thanking me and telling me what a success the event was. Glad I could do my little part to help the Seniors! They said the event was a huge success!
Note to my friends: We should all help others a little more every day as this really did make me feel better that I could help out others...


No comments: