Thursday, December 25, 2008

We love to deck the halls with lots of jolly...Part 1

These are just a few pictures of the corners of our home as we began to decorate for Christmas. The hubby and I love to decorate and it's a bit of an illness of mine. It's one thing I can definitely attribute to my mom as she goes all out as well...so, you see, I inherited the addiction, but I do love it. As you can see from these photos, we go all out and I'll share more with you in another blog entry.
We have approximately 20 something storage bins (yep, the large ones...) out in our storage building, so, you see, there's plenting of "decking the halls" to be done. I do the bathrooms, shower curtains, towels, cookie jars, pillows on the couches...
okay, you get the picture, right?
This is our cute Frosty flag that hung out front of our home and in the background you can see the awesome colored orbs (balls....) that hung from our tree. The hubby and I love snowmen; you'll notice them throughout our home. I guess we love them because we never get to make one here in the sunshine state! Oh yeah, I'm updating this blog on Christmas and I just had to turn the air conditioner down in our house as the hubby is back there sleeping as I blog and sweating on his pillow....
These are vintage little shadowboxes in our dining room that I try and put vintage salt and pepper shakers in and you'll see a little paper house in the lower right hand corner that has a cute bottle brush tree in front of it. I have fun looking for little 1950s speghetti confetti type figurines to put in these. I love these reindeer that me and my good friend T. made several years ago from those cardboard type reindeer that are normally just spray painted gold. She got the idea out of a magazine and shared it with me and we both made us a pair for our homes and I love them. I get so many compliments on them and I'm quite proud of how they look. I add evergreen garlands, with beads and lights and some trees that I bought at TJMaxx and Marshall's and I think it just makes my cabinet in my living room. Don't you agree?
The wall shelf below is also in our dining room and I had to "Christmas" it up as well. Look at the Christmas mugs, holly garland, and 50's table runner that are there. I found this wall shelf, of course, at a yard sale for $5.00 and my hubby painted this turquoise for me, the canisters I got at the 65 mile yard sale (you know, the one where my friend got bitten by the donkey?!), the red and green pitcher from a yard sale for $5.00 and the green and gold mid century pitcher on the right off ebay (I think) for about $15.00. Oh, and that cool metal 50's red fan; yep, auction, $10.00.
I'll share more of these shots with you so stay tuned to other blog entries.

No comments: