Thursday, December 18, 2008

Surf City and Friends a Plenty!


How cool is this place? Well, actually; it's pretty darn cool! This is one of our local favorite restaurants and we truly love it. It's got these awesome vintage surfboards hangin' from the ceiling and they don't allow ties here after 5:00 p.m. and you may think this is in California but it's not. This place is located in the fair city of our state's capitol in Florida and if you're ever in this area, go and check it out, it's called Cabo's and it's home to awesome food and an even better place to meet friends and have a drink and unwind.
See these fries? Don't they look like another thing that I'm not supposed to eat?! Well, for those of you who know me; you guessed it...they were yummy! They're homemade and cooked to order and they have the skins on and that makes my hubby so happy; gotta have 'em if you go here...no way to avoid it...mmmmmm....
Look, it's my friend T., she and her hubby D. came and met us and our other friends L. & K. and we had a really nice time catching up with each other. T., K., and I all grew up together in a small town near here and went to high school together and I feel truly blessed that we're still friends and will always be. And now, our group is more special because we have our spouses and they just make us better people and we feel blessed to have them. We all hadn't seen each other in awhile so it was time to catch up, unwind, share like experiences (as L.'s parents have a lot of health issues like my dad does and unfortunately, we have a lot of things in common when it comes to dealing with all of the things that go along with that so it's great to see her and share that stuff...).

This is L., and that's her hubby K. at then end of the table who just happened to wobble in on crushes since he'd had ANOTHER basketball injury...so I guess it's true K., that we REALLY aren't as young as we used to be! Glad to hear they don't think you'll have to have surgery, we'll keep you in our prayers. I'm so proud of this guy and all the accomplishments he's made in his life, his career and his family. Their family has had a horrible week this week and I'm so sorry guys and you all are in our prayers...we love ya!
They have the best wait staff here and we go so often that they kind of feel like family; now we know how Rita felt on Cheers. We have hardly ever had someone that didn't catch on here; and they better catch on quick, as they stay busy all the time. Do you wonder; did you see those home made french fries? Oh, and did I tell you about the brunch they have on Sunday's with the best chocolate chip wheap pancakes....? Oh my gosh, it's to die for if you can get in between the church crowds...
Well, okay, you'll see a continuiing pattern here as this shot of my adorable hubby is a little out of focus, oops! I wanted to catch up with my blog and put these pictures on here, so I didn't try to touch them up before I posted them so I apologize. But, he's still absolutely adorable and handsome, and kind so I can get over a little fuzziness...and oh yeah, that could have been the mudslide taking this picture...LOL!

No comments: