Monday, October 27, 2008

Estate Sale Treasures and Treasured Friends

Well, I got to fill my estate sale addiction again this week with the company that I follow (like a religion, remember from my previous blogs....)but it was kind of a vintage 50's bust for me as the house was chock full of stuff, just not stuff that I couldn't live without as far as that goes, But, I did buy a lot of practical stuff like a water sprinkler for a $1.00, a cool 50's fruit tray for $0.50, a plug in wall charging flash light (for hurricane season) for $1.00, a milk glass dresser jar for cotton balls for $1.00, some storage boxes for shoes for $0.50 each, and a cool green compote dish for $1.50. I also got some other cool stuff from C.'s church but I haven't taken pictures of that yet. I got the awesome 50's pull down light fixture that I've been looking for FOREVER to go over my dining room table for $8.00!

It's going to need a lot of cleaning and probably rewiring so I've got to see if it will clean up and will post some pics of it soon.
After, treasure hunting Saturday morning I went to spend the afternoon shopping with my other gal pals T. & D. and T's daughter S. and we had a blast. For those of you who know all of us, I can just tell you that this luncheon meant the world to us and I'll just say that there's nothing like the bond between good girlfriends, lots of laughter and the love and acceptance of all the above!

No comments: