Monday, October 20, 2008

Yard Sale Treasures - October 11, 2008

Wow, how does life get so far ahead of me sometimes?! I guess because I'm busy living, spending time with friends, going to happy hour and great parties at friends houses, etc...! Oh well, I ramble! I went to an awesome estate sale here on Oct. 11th here in town that was conducted by this company that I follow like a religion! When they have a sale, I'm there unless I HAVE to be somewhere else. They always have great estate sales, they always start promptly at 8:00 a.m. (but I'm always there by 7:00 to be in the very first few going in the house...) and everything, and I mean everything, is priced. There's no haggling until after lunchtime (and I've never even once went back as I always buy it when I'm there early if I want it) so you know how much you'll pay from the very beginning!
Perfect example is this Blinko glass pitcher that I got for $5.00. The hubby and I love the color of Blinko glass and love how this looks when the sun hits it.

In this picture you'll see the cute vintage cards that I got for $0.50; a bag of thread for all my sewing projects for $0.75, the vintage planter that I use by my sink to put my scrapers and scrub pads in for $0.75; the Wire Glove hanger for $1.00, the handpainted wooden Easter eggs for $6.00 (I love the workmanship in these); 2 Pyrex small bowls for $0.75, some fingertip towels for $0.50; some awesome 60's embossed bath towels for $0.50 each (these are hard to find in good shape and I'm just drawn to them for some reason); the Scottish wool scarf for $2.00; a gorgeous vintage Christmas tablecloth for only $3.00 (Sorry it's not in this picture); the cool green and white velour table runner for $1.00; a vintage 2 hole paper punch for $1.00 (I also love to collect vintage desk accessories from the 50's); and there were a few more things but they aren't in this picture as I had started to put things away since it was a couple of weeks ago. It was so much fun and I can't wait for their next one.
It always makes me feel kind of good to know that I'm giving a good home to someone else's "treasures" and that they won't wind up at Badwill or somewhere where they won't be appreciated like they will at my house.
But, I guess you should feel sorry for my nieces and nephews as one day, there will be one heck of an estate sale at my house....but, until then, I'm going to keep going to other people's estate sales and bring their treasures home with me!

No comments: