Thursday, October 9, 2008

Look! I really can cook!

Okay, so, some of my friends now call me "Millie Stewart" and here's why. Sometimes, if my hubby gets really lucky, I take a notion to cooking a great home made dinner for him, during the work week, which is what I did one night last week (I think it was on Monday the night we always eat at home so we can watch the Antiques Road Show on PBS). Does this look yummy? Well, it should because it was! The menu was: Grilled New York Strip Steak, baked sweet potatoes with brown sugar and cinnamon added right when it came out of the oven, steamed green beans with butter and lemon pepper and 3 cheese Texas Toast (the hubby's favorite bread). So, it was so good last week that I decided to do it again this week when we had our friend "Ms. Major" over for dinner. I made Chicken Croissants (and we ate those so quick I forgot to take a picture - sorry- I got this awesome recipe for them from my dear friend "H" in Hotlanta); a fresh garden salad, and home made peach cobbler that was so easy to make and I served it in my new blue glass sherbert dishes...doesn't it look yummy!
Can you tell my hard working hubby loved the peach cobbler?! Yummmmm! Please don't pay attention to those nasty "Red Packs" in his pocket. Pray he has the strength to quit as I worry about him and love him dearly and wouldn't want those to get the best of him - Peach cobbler will probably be what gets me...LOL!

No comments: