Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back from the World's Longest Yard Sale Trip!






Well, sorry to have been out of touch but it's been one heck of a week since I got back from the World's Longest Yard Sale trip. We, (me and the sis in law) had a great time (of course!) and I can't wait to share all of my goodies with you guys. But first, I'll also share some sad news I got as we drove back from Tennessee last Sunday, my uncle who was only 61 years old, was in the VA hospital and wasn't expected to make it through the night. So, after our 10 hour drive back to Florida from TN, I dropped off my sister in law, threw all of my "treasures" into my car, and drove another 2 hours to the VA hospital where I was able to see, and speak to my uncle, before he passed away on Tuesday of this week.
So, I am definitely blessed that I had the opportunity to go to him and tell him I loved him before we lost him and I will always be blessed for that. He was a true "character" and always spoke his mind (whether you liked it or not) and I'll miss him.

The first pictures that I'm going to share with you all are just random shots of the places we went (we covered the areas from Chattanooga, TN up to Jamestown, TN), some of the people we saw, the places we stayed, and just some of the goodies we saw along the way.

In my next blog post, I'm going to list individual pictures of groups of the wonderful treasures I found and I'll also try and share some of my bargain prices but I'll tell you now, it's going to be quite a task as I bought 2 storage containers full of awesome stuff! I'll also show you a picture of the back of the truck with all our stuff loaded and ready to head home!

If you haven't made this trip I suggest you do as you'll have a great time and meet wonderful people along the way; especially if you do like our innkeeper told us "be nice to people, so they'll be nice to you"!


A few examples of this was the wonderful man and woman in Crossville, TN who went out into their garden and picked tomatos and banana peppers for us so that we could have a "fresh tomato samich" the next day (on the tailgate of the truck - which you'll see a picture of); the nice people who went into the house and gave us 6 slices of fresh white bread so that "we didn't have to buy a whole loaf" (thanks to the former Tampa natives who now reside in Crossville). and the nice folks who let us go into their apple orchard and pick "all the apples we could tote"! I told my husband when we got home that if we ever get old and hungry we could always move to TN as the people will feed you for free and you get great friendship and hospitality to go along with it!

No comments: