Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay ...it wasn't pretty....






Well, I can't believe that I'm actually going to post this horrible photo of myself (but, I guess when that's how you look - you just gotta face the music...and I am trying to lose some LB's so hopefully this will get better); and besides, I was SOAKING wet as I had been out in our driveway with a hand trowel trying to dig some trenches to get the non-stop water to keep on flowing.... Sand bags helped us keep this massive amount of rain from flooding our home and we truly thank God for that as a lot of other people in our city weren't so lucky. So, enjoy these lovely shots of me coming in outta the rain and then two of my hubby doing clean up work today and it was SO HUMID that it kept fogging over my lense (sorry about that). We were very lucky, we just had massive amounts of water, small branches in the yard and we never lost power. Our phone line did get knocked out but we have cell phones and they'll get that fixed soon. Whew! It was all truly exhausting!


p.s. I want to thank my neighbors S & L for the milk for the well needed Khalua and creme drink that I needed last night and for the company!




No comments: