Saturday, August 30, 2008

Goin' to the pound to rescue a "puppy" with my Niece and NIL






I've wanted a puppy for a long time but know myself better than to go and actually get one since I'm hardly ever home, and just about pass out when I hear about all of my friends who have pets talk about the vet bills sometimes. But, that doesn't stop me from loving pets and being thrilled to be asked to go with my niece and nephew-in-law (NIL) to get them a pound pup today. Now, if you're thinking that it would be hard to go there without rescueing one of them you're right! But, I was strong and just enjoyed helping them find "Hank" and bring him home today. They're newleyweds (May 10, 2008) and wanted a new member for their family. We looked at several dogs and they took them outside to see how they interacted with them and finally found their new pet Hank. He's the sweetest and most loving one of the ones they looked at and we love him already. We brought him back to our house and let him check out the yard and enjoy some new found freedom in the grass again (out of that kennel). I hope they will be very happy with him and thanks to A & J for letting me be a part of this special day in picking out their new "family member"! Welcome to your new home Hank!

No comments: