Monday, September 1, 2008

Yard Sale Treasures - 08/30/08 - Stuff I Bought...







Hey, I got so carried away telling you all about the awesome cars I saw on Saturday and our trip to the Animal Shelter to adopt Hank for my niece and NIL; and about the nice man who took time out of his day to tell me about them that I forgot to show you what I bought Saturday. I'm also missing a few things that I already gave my niece for her new 1st grade classroom but I'll tell you about them. We got an awesome 3 drawer storage caddy for $3.00, some books for $0.25 each (as she's a reading teacher) and an awesome really oversized book for $1.00. I also got what you see here: the hilarious concrete pig on a swing (what every good southern home needs swinging from the tree waiting on the next storm...) for $2.00; the bag of vintage cookie cutters for only $3.00; the Sigrid Olson chartreuse green leather purse (which they were asking $20.00 for - even at a yard sale, but I talked 'em down to $15.00 since I bought several other things); a vintage eyeglass case for $1.00; an awesome large green glass vase with a white swirl (which I plan to put vintage Christmas ornaments in for the holidays on my table); and the awesome vintage 50's "Featherflite" picnic jug for $5.00 (from the people with the awesome cars) and she threw the red green and yellow doily in for free!

No comments: