Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yard Sale Treasures - September 13, 2008


Well, my favorite local "estate liquidation" company (that I follow religiously...) was having a sale today so I got up with the chickens to make sure I was there to get in line by 7:00 a.m. as they open up promptly at 8:00 (no exceptions and I like that as it keeps it fair...as I'm one of those people who like to honor people's "Start" times and only show up maybe 15 to 20 minutes before their advertised start time). I was number 3 in line and I was totally happy! I was beginning to wonder if some of the other "regulars" had gotten an inside scoop and weren't going to show up as the line wasn't near as long as it usually is when they opened up. But, I was completely happy with my "haul"! I got everything you see in the picture for about $30.00! I love the Raffiaware coffee mugs, the beautiful cut glass serving tray that I got for only $2.50 (my mom had one just like it that she always made her "Pineapple Delight" on so I "needed" it); I got the Adventures of Tom Sawyer for $2.00; a copy of the Lincoln Reader for $2.00, a cool Elgin wall clock (that I don't have a picture of on here yet) for $15.00; I got the jadite bowl for $3.00, the finger tip towels for $0.50 and the awesome vintage Ecko Muffin pan for $4.00. It was definitely worth getting up with the sun...



No comments: