Monday, September 22, 2008

Yard Sale Treasures - September 20, 2008

Aren't these pretty? I went to garage sales on Saturday and found a few things (which I'll have to post pictures of later as I didn't take those yet) and then I went to the outdoor market where they were selling antiques, fresh cut flowers and produce so I bought myself a bouquet of gorgeous locally grown flowers from a very nice woman there and it was only $5.00! Check it out!

After I got my flowers, I bought fresh white acre peas ( a good southern vegetable fresh from the garden that my hubby & I both love); some fresh okra so I could fry it up for dinner tonight (on Monday night while we watch the Antiques Roadshow), and some Boiled Peanuts; YUM, YUM!

Then, there was a nice woman who was selling jewelry parts and beads and then I saw she had this gorgous necklace for sale; she was asking $40.00 for it but she made me a deal on it for $35.00 and I truly love it, it's so unique and it's sterling silver. I also got a set of 2 speckled BoontonWare Mixing bowls for $20.00 and I'll post a picture of them soon. Isn't it cool?! I love it and wore it to work today and got several nice compliments on it already!

No comments: