Thursday, November 13, 2008

High Cotton 65 Mile Yard Sale Trip - Part 5 - Sale Day!

Yep, you guessed it - it's Sale Day and we're up before dawn to get T & C's food booth all set up and ready to go before the crowd all arrive to shop at 7:00 a.m.. So, we all got up at 5:00 a.m., got ready, and headed to the downtown area where we were setting up the booth and got to work.
Here's T & C, and T's dad helping out, getting all set up and ready to sell their sausage dogs, homemade caramel corn (which was sooooo yummy), hot chocolate packages and drinks. Oh yeah, I helped too, in between taking pictures and getting excited about shopping on the sale!

They had to make sure the grill was up and running so you could smell that yummy sausage cooking at the crack of dawn and we were almost there.

Okay, so the sun is up, the food is out and almost ready to go and T & C are ready for their first customers! Now that we've got them ready to go, it's time for me to head out to my first sales and I didn't have to go far to find some awesome stuff! I went down just the other side of the library where they were set up and found these two very nice ladies and some great deals. Keep reading for more on that.

Oh yeah, see that little shelf just to the left of the table, I had just went down the street and bought that for $5.00 and brought it back for C. to haul back home for me in the now empty horse trailer, and these hard working girls put it to work for them as well as a display shelf and it turned out quite cute for them!

So, here's the first two ladies that I went and shopped with and they had great prices and we love that! I got 2 silk floral wreaths for $1.00 each, a horse hair wall decoration that I gave to C. for $2.00, a cookbook for $0.50, a laminated Coca Cola sign that I put on my fridge for $0.50 and some costume jewelry for $1.00.

Then, I went across the street where some more nice women and men were set up in what appeared to be an old gas station or something and I got some awesome Pyrex dishes that I love, and old red pyrex bowl, a cute denim purse, and an awesome yellow 50's cookie jar. See the pictures and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The Mirro Cookie maker and set of Red Lustro Ware Canisters came from the same group of ladies and were my favorite finds of the trip. I'd been looking for the Red Lustro Ware canisters for about 3 years and these were in great shape and were a good price - only $18.00 for the set. I see them go for $40.00 and more on ebay so I was fired up! I had found the Mirro Cookie maker booklet awhile back at a yard sale but it was just the booklet, imagine how happy I was to find the cookie press on this trip for $5.00. Can't wait to make Christmas sugar cookies in all kinds of cute shapes! The cute Christmas Table runner I found was only $0.50 and they even threw in a free T-shirt from some sort of local town run!

Anyone that knows me also knows I can hardly pass up a cute purse and I found this awesome silver one from two women called the "Girly Girlz" for a mere $2.00! It has one messed up latch but let's keep that as our little secret...shhhhhh....Isn't it sassy!
And, last but not least, I also found the cool glass jar with the gold starburst lid for $1.00 and the awesome turquoise glass dish for $2.00.

So, as you can see from all these postings of the 65 Mile High Cotton Yard Sale trip, we had a great time, found great treasures and had great laughs! Can't wait to do it again next year!






No comments: