Saturday, November 15, 2008

More Pictures from the High Cotton Yard Sale Trip

As you can see from the colors on this tree along the route, it was a beautiful time of year for this yard sale trip and a gorgeous drive the whole way.
I love the south for this reason alone; old time churches and beautiful steeples. Oh, and nice people who let you use their indoor restrooms too! These ladies were very comforting as I'd almost just caused an accident with a truck hauling peanuts and was shaking all over when I got here and they were very nice. I'm so, so sorry to that man hauling the peanuts - I was pulling out from a sale and there were cars parked along the hwy so I couldn't see him and he didn't see me, hince the "near accident" but he was able to maintain his truck and trailer and I was okay too, just shook up bit. Be careful if you park along the highway as visibility is a little tough at times.
Great stuff for kids to do on the trip as well and there was also a hilarious clown walking around here but I missed getting his picture...

Okay, so here's the Police truck that I was glad to see was merely parked and enjoying the local commerce: NOT trying to hunt down Thelma & Louise and they're trailer with no left blinker...LOL!
This was an awesome vintage truck that was for sale and it's a good thing my hubby didn't go with us or it might be sitting in my driveway now...it was a good buy though and I could haul a lot of yard sale treasures in it....hmmmmmm...
This ceiling is an awesome detail in an old store in downtown Edison, GA that is now an antique store and auction house. They discovered this after there was a leak when one of the storms went through and they pulled out the ugly drop ceiling tiles. It's really beautiful and is from the early 1900's. I love stuff like this and really enjoyed talking with the store owner about the story. I also bought a really cool old basket from him for $3.00 that's kind of like an old locker basket and will be awesome to have in the trunk of my car for more goodies!
I love small old towns in the south as they almost always have a Rexall drug store and a lot of times they still have old soda fountains where you can get a vanilla coke! But, I was too distracted by shopping and didn't go into the drug store as it was only about 9:00 a.m. when I took this picture so I was still enjoying my coffee. Should have went back later for that vanilla coke....
I put this picture on one of the other listings but I promised these ladies I'd post their picture so why not give them 2 shots to fame! And, they were the ones that I made my first purchases from. I should have went back later as they'd unpacked more to see what I missed out on but I had to make more miles!

No comments: